Wednesday 30 July 2014

Essence Makeup - Now in UK

Yes after my naughty hoarding ways (see post) I buy yet more makeup.  I popped into Wilko not so long ago and noticed the Essence Makeup Stand which I had heard was coming to the UK.  Only I was surprised that they picked Wilko and not the likes of Superdrug or Boots, oh well all the same I still had to test out some goodies.

The Essence makeup line reminded me a little of the Miss Sporty Makeup stand, I would even go as far as saying the packaging was very similar too.

The Essence Makeup was also on 3 for 2 so I picked up 6 products.

The Essence Lipliner - In the nude and Wish me a rose 99p
The Essence XXXL longlasting lipgloss matt effect in Velvet rose - around £2.40
The Essence Longlasting Lipstick in 3 shades in Dare to be Nude - Love Me - Coral Calling -£2.30 

The Essence Lipliner I found (maybe just had a bad two) they came on really smooth but looked so chalk like, if you know the look, hopefully you don't.

The Essence XXXL longlasting lipgloss matt effect - All I can say is don't waste your money, I dumped this in the bin - sorry Essence, but this was a serious bad copy of the NYX Soft Lip Cream which I love, also love Collection Cream Puff Lip Cream - I must give you a reason of course, it came on patchy and dried too quickly and crumbled off my lips, yuck.....

But finally a dream come true, amongst the rough I found the smooth.  I cannot rave enough about the beautiful Essence Longlasting Lipstick all 3 shades I love, they didn't feel at all dry, looked amazing, came on smoothly and felt moisturising.  I can't think of enough good things to say to do them justice (that's a lot coming from a lipstick crazy like me).  My fav is the shade Love me, fits the bill.

Have you picked anything up from this line yet?

8 comments:

  1. You chose some lovely bits! I really want to try some Essence products, i hope they do them in the Wilko's near me!
    xprincessjas | ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the great review, now I really want to try them out! Great pick of colors!
    Z ♥
    http://beautybyz.blogspot.se/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never heard of the brand. The lipsticks look good, might go and try them out! You should do a post on make-up that is good/ long-lasting in hot weather! I need some products for my next travel adventure and the advice would be great :-) x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need to try this brand! The colours look lovely xx

    www.girluninterpreted.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Essence! And you picked some amazing products!
    Have a lovely day, kisses
    Christine G ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. ill have to try this brand out! great post chick. <3
    www.lovefromsimmie.com
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's funny how we always had essence and it's completely overlooked here because people think it's bad because it's so cheap.
    I'm sure there are some absolute bargains in the line though. I should definitely have a look. Maybe the lipsticks. And i've heard good things about the bronzer as well

    Feathers and Brushes | Beauty & Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...