Sunday 20 July 2014

Hoarding Beauty Products

I have recently been reading many blog posts from people whom feel they have way too many beauty products and makeup that they never seem to use them up....  I too am now starting to think "Do I have too many products which I can't use up and won't ever use up?

well, we only have one face and one set of lips, I mean how many lipsticks do I really need? What would you say is a reasonable amount of items?


I think blogging can be very expensive, especially if you buy every "New Product" that is released just to review them, then buy all the lipsticks you see on Essie Button and Fleur De Force youtube channels - I love them both, yes I have so many lipsticks most of which I have seen on both these lovely ladies channels ha ha, thanks girls. (I do love my lipsticks) -  but back to how many I have - after downsizing I say: maybe... hush hush... IT was 145 Now 95 give or take.

It is way toooooo many and all I can do is buy more and more, its like a crazy addiction which is now hurting my bank account - I need to pay bills..... Do I really need another lippy, one turns to too many and this is where I end up - what is your vice?
example hoarding: note not my stuff
Well, I did the Spending Ban thing and by the end of the month I thought I would buy yet another lipstick, treat myself... shame on me......
example hoarding: note not my stuff
I have now come to realise - I need my lipsticks in my life, I want my lipsticks in my life, I want more lipsticks in my life....only kidding.  I am trying to use up some I already own, really, does anyone ever use up a full one?

We can blame youtube, we can blame blogging - but really deep down, why do we need and want so many beauty products? Compulsive hoarding

Some posts which discuss the subject further:

Jenny Purr - I Don't Need You
Regret buying so much makeup - discussion forum
My Cosmetic Obsession 
Your Makeup Collection - how much is too much
Do I have too much makeup?
How I stopped spending so much on beauty products
Women Waste Beauty products worth 180.000
A Shelf Life: A Guide to Letting Go

Hoarding Factsheet  are we actually Hoarding or Collecting?

How do you feel about the subject? Do you think blogging and youtube influences you to buy too many beauty products?

Some favourite lipsticks
Maybelline New York Color Sensational Vivid Lipstick
Urban Decay Revolution Lipstick in Streak
Rimmel Kate Lasting Finish Matte Lipstick No 32
Lipstick Queen Jungle Queen Pop-Papaya Coral Lipstick


Disclaimer: photos used are not mine

7 comments:

  1. I'm terrible at hoarding nail varnishes I know I'll never use x

    http://books-and-memories.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Collecting makeup is such an addiction!
    xprincessjas | ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow that is quite a collection you have there! I wish mine was that extensive...

    Dahlia xox
    www.summerintrigue.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Blushes, lipsticks and eyeliners yup I'm a hoarder lol.
    Beautetude

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I had that when I first started blogging, the urge to buy all! But after a spending ban I have been much better at buying stuff I need rather than want! xx

    Jasmin Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for following me on bloglovin! I love your blog and this post applies to me so much. I'm always buying new products and tell myself its okay to 'treat myself' haha xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great post!
    I'm following your blog, hope you'll follow back :) Legally Brunette

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...